Alopecia Market Trends, Analysis, Demand and Global Industry Research Report, Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2020-2027
The global alopecia market is expected to be valued at USD 13.65 Billion in 2027 from USD 9.08 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 5.1% through the forecast period. Alopecia is a condition where there is a sudden loss of hair, starting with several circular bald patches, which might overlap rapidly. Alopecia Areata is a more severe form of the condition. It is an autoimmune disease recognized by the cells in one’s immune system attacking their hair follicles, causing significant hair loss.
The surging prevalence of chronic diseases, such as hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, hypopituitarism, acute stress disorder, PCOD (polycystic ovary disease), and lupus, is a crucial factor triggering the global alopecia market growth. The market growth is further propelled by the rising incidences of alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia, growing prevalence of specific genetic disorders, increasing cases of hormonal anomalies, and a rise in the number of people suffering from Hodgkin’s disease, Addison’s disease, Hashimoto’s disease, and celiac disease. Alopecia is also associated with unhealthy lifestyles, such as frequent or regular alcohol intake and smoking, and rising levels of stress and anxiety, especially among the youth. Moreover, the rising disposable incomes and surging focus on enhancing one’s physical appearance further bolster the global market growth. However, the escalating treatment costs and unawareness about the disease will hamper the market growth in the forthcoming years.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1334
Key findings of the report:
- Based on the disease type, the androgenetic alopecia sub-segment, which held the largest revenue share of around 42.20% in 2019, is projected to maintain its leading market position over the forecast period. Androgenetic alopecia, also known as Male-Pattern Hair Loss (MPHL), is majorly associated with medical conditions like diabetes, obesity, coronary heart disease, prostate cancer, and hypertension. The rising demand for hair transplantation procedures and the availability of advanced oral treatments and licensed topical treatments using finasteride and minoxidil boost the growth of this segment.
- In terms of application, the dermatology clinics sub-segment is projected to acquire the most dominant position in the global alopecia market in terms of revenue over the forecast years. Increasing consultation visits at dermatology clinics and the emergence of effective dermatological therapies for hair loss disorders have led to this segment’s growth.
- The Asia Pacific alopecia market is estimated to register the fastest 5.4% CAGR over the projected timeframe. The growing prevalence of alopecia, the rapidly surging adoption of the available therapeutic options, the introduction of new products for hair loss treatment, and the rising purchasing power of consumers are pivotal factors fueling the Asia Pacific market growth.
- Prominent companies operating in the global alopecia market include Follica, Inc., Johnson & Johnson AG, Cipla Inc., Transitions Hair Pty Ltd., Merck & Co., Inc., Cirrus Hair Centers, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Lexington International LLC, Vita-Cos-Med Klett-Loch GmbH, and Capillus.
- In July 2020, Concert Pharmaceuticals’ oral Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor, CTP-543, for alopecia areata was granted the Breakthrough Therapy designation by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- In December 2020, the biotechnology giant Follica Inc., which developed a regenerative platform for treating androgenetic alopecia, epithelial aging, and several other relevant conditions, announced positive outcomes from the new therapy’s pilot study. The study successfully promoted hair growth in people with female pattern hair loss (FPHL) over the treatment course of four months.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/alopecia-market
For the purpose of this study, the global alopecia market has been segmented on the basis of disease type, application, distribution channel, and region:
By Disease Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Alopecia Areata
- Androgenetic Alopecia
By Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Homecare Settings
- Dermatology Clinics
By Distribution Channel (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- OTC (over-the-counter)
By Region (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
• Rest of Europe
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
Order Now: https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/1334
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2026
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Alopecia Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Alopecia Market Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
22.214.171.124. Rising incidences of chronic diseases
126.96.36.199. Increase in technological advancements in alopecia treatment
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
188.8.131.52. Expensive treatment
184.108.40.206. Adverse side effects
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price trend Analysis
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States